God will make thee
I was just wondering a little the other day about what God wants me to do eventually. I have always been rather jealous of people who seemed to know exactly where they want to be or even where God wants them to be early on in their life. This is no exactly the first time that I have thought or wondered about this. Then God impressed upon me a verse....
"Follow me and i will make you fishers of men".
Now it wasn't the part about being fishers of men that impressed me so much as much as Jesus saying to these bunch of fishermen, "I will make you...". At that moment i felt like God was saying, don't worry about what you are going to be, I will make you. Don't worry about the how. You follow me and i will make you. If you look at Jesus ministry and the 3 years that he was with the disciples, He wasn't exactly concerned about teaching these guys the Hows of the Christian faith. He focused more on relationship than anything else. Our relationship with God and one another. In essence, what God seems to be concerned about is not how you are going to do it. He just wants you to come to know Him and in so doing you will reach your destiny. So I leave you once again with these words.
"Follow me and i will make you fishers of men".
No comments:
Post a Comment